On Saturday morning of December 18, 2010 at 5:00 a.m. when most of you all were snuggled up in bed, and a half hour before when I expected to be on, I took over the airwaves of FM94/9 for an hour as a part of their Coup d’eTat weekend. I hit up our beer fridge that morning to bring in two 22 oz. bottles of Julian Hard Cider. Yep, we was drinkin’ at 5 a.m. Below is the set list played:
- Langhorne Slim, “Hello Sunshine” from self titled album, Langhorne Slim (2008)
- They Might Be Giants, “Ana Ng” from self titled album, They Might Be Giants (1986)
- Matthew Sweet, “I’ve Been Waiting” from Girlfriend (1991)
- The Polyphonic Spree, “Light and Day/Reach for the Sun” from the The Beginning Stages of… The Polyphonic Spree (2002)
- Good Old War, “Coney Island” from Only Way to Be Alone (2008)
- Simon and Garfunkel, “America” from Bookends (1968)
- Nada Surf, “Beautiful Beat” from Lucky (2009)
- Rafter, “Fruit” from Animal Feelings (2010)
- Passion Pit, “Sleepyhead” from Chunk of Change EP (2008)
- OK Go, “White Knuckles” from Of the Blue Colour of the Sky (2010) – this song was added to the list when Travis discovered we had more time.
- The Beach Boys, “God Only Knows” from Pet Sounds (1966).
After it was all said, played and done, I had an awesome time and was ready to hit the bar. Sadly, it was only 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning and I wasn’t up for drinking alone, so I just headed back to bed.