Right now, I just feel like writing. I guess this is why I created this blog. Who cares if it is entertaining to others or serves as any sort of educational commentary. Sometimes you just got to get shit out of your head.
Personally, I feel I am a positive person. I have goals and dreams probably more extensive than most. But sometimes the nature of life gets me down. At these times, I take a look around me to check out all of the great things in my life… sometimes it takes some thinking. Right now, I have many things that make my life meaningful. But somehow it seems I still let the sour parts get in the way.
When I went to the gym today, I was nearly crying (OK, I did cry). Things at work… not so great. That is all I’m going to say on that since I vowed from the start of this blog that I would not burden the world with my work woes. Anyhow, I was thinking how I need to bring back my positive energy. It is there.. just suppressed.
Roger awhile back helped to create a mix for the North Park Festival of the Arts to be played on the main stage between acts. I remember he took a while to make sure that all the songs on the playlist were appropriate to play for a family crowd and were mostly upbeat. It never got played sadly since the sound guy had his own mix and had better things to worry about, like the monitors not working. Anyhow, I never really got a chance to listen to it until recently. I thought I would share with you the tracks that are on it (in order).
Artist: Song from Album
1. Vampire Weekend: Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa from Vampire Weekend
2. Wilco: Shake It Off from Sky Blue Sky
3. What Made Milwaukee Famous: Sultan from What Doesn’t Kill Us
4. Nada Surf: I Like What You Say from Lucky
5. Spoon: The Underdog from Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
6. Langhorne Slim: Worries from Langhorne Slim
7. Silverchair: Straight Lines form Young Modern
8. She & Him: Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? from Volume One
9. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss: Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On) from Raising Sand
10. She & Him: This Is Not a Test from Volume One
11. Wilco: I’m The Man Who Loves You from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12. Neil Young: Walk On from On The Beach
13. Nada Surf: See These Bones from Lucky
14. Vampire Weekend: Bryn from Vampire Weekend
15. Matthew Sweet: I’ve Been Waiting from Time Capsule: The Best Of Matthew Sweet
16. Tegan & Sara: Back In Your Head from The Con
17. The Magnetic Fields: Washington, D.C. from 69 Love Songs, Vol. 2
18. The Flaming Lips: Do You Realize?? from Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
19. Dead Rock West: Highway One from Honey And Salt
20. The Replacements: Kiss Me On The Bus from Tim
21. Pinback: AFK from Summer In Abaddon
The last two songs really don’t flow with the rest of the tracks… but I left them on there anyway. When I was looking for a link to The Replacements, I really couldn’t find much since they really don’t play. So I linked it to this Paul Westerberg blog that is for the super fans of the Replacements. It is entertaining at best.
Anyhow, my brain and my emotions feel a little clearer after this post. Even though I haven’t solved all the world’s problems, or even my own, I will at least feel better as I fall asleep tonight. It is amazing how a little bit of music and little a bit of sweat can calm the soul, at least temporarily.